Here's a nice video overview.
However, there are some things I'd like to see added either in a future incarnation or as a software update:
- 16 GB of on board memory
- MicroSD slot
- Button on the side to activate camera function and act as shutter release
- Little bit more battery life (not a deal-breaker for me by any stretch, since you can easily just swap the battery)
- Hole for lanyard strap (handy to keep from dropping the phone)
- Video recording (6/16/2009 update: Rumor has it that this is getting fixed. That was fast!)
- Visual voice mail
- Improved camera options (the pictures are really nice, but would like to be able to adjust resolution)
I'm relatively sure that all the software items I'd like to see will be fixed quickly by a system patch or by third party developers.
Things I'd like that have already been addressed by third party developers:
- Desktop sync here and here.
- Virtual keyboard for landscape mode (I feel pretty confident that this will be available in the app store)
So, what's keeping me from buying at this point?
- Curiosity about what Apple is going to announce this week.
- The cost of breaking our contract with Verizon.
- Only 8 GB of on board memory. While I wouldn't call it a deal breaker, it's at least a deal delayer combined with #3.