Full list of what we had:
- D: Southern Cola - Amaro Cio Ciaro, Coca-Cola, and frozen lime
- D & T: Muddy Waters - Root beer, absinthe, and something else
- K: Monkey Gland - I have no idea other than citrus, but it was tasty enough that I drank two of them. :)
- K: Kitty Hawk - Citrusy with lavender flowers sprinkled over the top
- T: Something with raspberry in it, but I don't recall the name
- J: Margarita
- Eli's bread with salted butter
- Ham selection with marmalade
- J: Griddled Hen of the Woods mushrooms with Anson Mills polenta and aged parmesan
- J: George's Bank scallops with creamed Cope's corn and balsamic
- T: Farm egg and pancetta carbonara over Tony's guitar-cut pasta
- D: Gratin of marrow with parsley and toast
- K: Roasted veal sweetbreads over Georgia greens and hog jowl with brown butter
- Cheese plate
- Sugar glazed doughnuts with a down low Coca-Cola float
There’s only one downside: word has spread, and the see-and-be-seeners have descended. We got there early, about 6 pm. We were seated immediately, but by 7, a line had formed. I think it’s going to be a hot spot for several months. You may do better on a weeknight; I’ve already toyed with the idea of trying to convince my husband to go in town during the week so we can get one of the H&F burgers, which they only serve after 10 pm.
I've never met a member of Hopkins' staff that I didn't like, but Julian is probably my favorite guy, with Christina being my favorite gal. I consider him to be one of the best pro servers in Atlanta. He is confident because knows his stuff backwards, forwards, and sideways. He has never, ever steered me wrong. I said that I was torn between the sweetbreads and the marrow, and he started writing on his pad without saying a word of confirmation one way or the other. I just smiled. I knew he’d hook me up with the best option, and he did.
Excuse me while I slip into a reverie of piping hot brioche with butter so fresh that I suspect it was made on site. I apparently made a face so rapturous while eating it that the man at the table next to us asked me what we had ordered! Oh, and the house-made marmalade with the Serrano ham appetizer? Terrific.