- Power gamers represent 11 percent of the gamer market but account for 30 cents of every dollar spent on retail and online games.
- Social gamers enjoy gaming as a way to interact with friends.
- Leisure gamers spend 58 hours per month playing games but mainly on casual titles. Nevertheless they prefer challenging titles and show high interest in new gaming services.
- Dormant gamers love gaming but spend little time because of family, work, or school. They like to play with friends and family and prefer complex and challenging games.
- Incidental gamers lack motivation and play games mainly out of boredom. However, they spend more than 20 hours a month playing online games.
- Occasional gamers play puzzle, word, and board games almost exclusively.
Read more here.