In the meantime, I am belatedly responding to reannaremick's kind request to do this meme, though I will confess that I had to ask what OTP meant (here in Atlanta, it means Outside the Perimeter, aka I-285). I am still not sure I fully grasp it, to be honest, because I get the impression that it has some slash or fanfic elements to it, and that's not really where my fandom lies. I tend to pretty much stick with canon. So, instead, I'll spin it as this generation's great screen and literary romances, the people who go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong.
I'm sure I'm leaving some great examples off my list. I can feel it in the back of my brain. "You're leaving out such-and-such!" the brain scolds me. Unfortunately, the brain is not helpfully stating the names of such-and-such so I can include them, therefore, we have only the list of pairings that I can actually recall under medication during my lunch break. I'm not even touching literature with this one.
Without further ado, my One True Pairing nominees are:
- Li Mu Bai and Yu Shu Lien from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. The cheek scene. 'nuff said.
- Eowyn and Faramir from Lord of the Rings. I wanted much more screen time for these two. Excellent chemistry between Otto and Wenham.
- Delenn and Sheridan from Babylon 5. In some ways, I never really cared much for Sheridan, but "Sleeping in Light" just makes me bawl. I'm sure given a little time, I could come up with a better one than this, but I don't have that time right now.
- Oz and Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sorry, Tara, it's nothing personal.
- Lex and Chloe from Smallville. Okay, it's not canon as far as I know (I haven't watched S4 at all), but I always thought they'd be a good match for one another despite the age difference.