To summarize and highlight some posts I've liked from the past few days:
- streamweaver's post about ending the Star Wars era.
- Terrance's post on the first anniversary of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts. Yep, the sky didn't fall, despite hand-wringing to the contrary.
- tagplazen's link to the story on the Dark Crystal sequel.
- From fannish5, What 5 shows would you like to see resurrected on the big screen?
Twin Peaks, Babylon 5, Neverwhere (I might get my wish), Serenity (I'm getting my wish), and Farscape perhaps. I'll admit I'm curious to see what they do with Miami Vice, since Michael Mann is directing it.
- Of course I had to take this Twin Peaks quiz, posted by boyinthebands.
You're Special Agent Dale Cooper. You're often too
brilliant for people to really follow, but your
infectious enthusiasm makes up for the fact
that you're frequently incomprehensible. You
are smart, intuitive, clear-headed,
compassionate, and cute as hell -- about your
only flaw is your insane coffee consumption.
Which Twin Peaks character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
- spring_1970 posts some good activism. You can also provide feedback here.
- Holy Hannah, gilchrist has returned! Welcome back!
- Need to do this meme because spring_1970 said so. :)
- Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
About 55. I'm just counting mine. I know the DVDs are collectively ours, but D. is more of a videophile than I am. I'm also counting sets as one: if I were to count all the individual discs of Alias, Firefly, etc., it would inflate the number.
- The last film I bought:
For myself or someone else? I just bought Casablanca for my mother a few days ago. For me, I found a little treasure at Movie Trading Company back in March: I'd been wanting The Crying Game for a while, and when I happened to find it for $2.99 there, I snatched it up.
- The last film I watched:
In the theater or on video? On the big screen, Sin City.
- Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me: Chariots of Fire, The Crying Game, The Last Unicorn, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Wings of Desire, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, The Right Stuff . . . that's more than five. Films that highlight the triumph of the human spirit in some way and that show the better angels of our nature tend to appeal to me.
- Five people I'd like to do this meme:
Lemme see. Taggie does it practically every day, and thank goodness for his film insights.
It was very hard narrowing down this list, because I'd enjoy reading posts from any of you! You wouldn't be on my F-list if I didn't find you interesting. :) Ultimately, I picked the users whose movies I figured I'd be least likely to guess:
freakyferret, cake_o_rama, canopic_no_9, goodjoan, organfailure, quandry, twr (well, I'll bet I can guess at least one of yours, ya tubby bitch - yes, I remember. :) ). *hugs*
I think that puts me up to date.